Saturday, August 22, 2009

Restaurant Rumblings


I had been invited by my girlfriend's parents to have dinner at a rather fancy restaurant. It would also be the first time that I would meet them. Hours before the occasion, I already felt nervous and couldn't eat anything at lunch. But I decided to look my most possible best. Neatly combed and wearing a freshly laundered white linen shirt and dark blue pants, I was sure I would make a good impression. When I arrived at the restaurant, I was greeted not only by my girlfriend's parents, but, it seemed, by her whole extended family. But I could see that they all seemed to approve of me, so I felt rather relieved. I was seated opposite my girlfriend, between her parents. While waiting for the food to arrive, we all chatted amiably among ourselves. Finally the waiter appeared, carrying the first course of the meal. While he carefully placed the big bowl of soup in the middle of the table, everybody fell silent. Just then my stomach started to rumble:
roar .. roar.. roar.

The rumblings were very loud and clear, and everybody at the table turned to look at me. It wa shard for me to smile, even sheepishly. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment